1. Our Kitchen Renovation- Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments on our kitchen renovation! It's one of my favorite rooms of the house (and one that's the most complete) so it was fun to finally share it with you all. If you missed the post you can see it here.
2. A Trick For Freezing Bananas- Most mornings I try to make a smoothie for both T and me for breakfast. Frozen bananas are the perfect base for any smoothie, and this week I learned a really cool trick. Instead of having to slice the bananas, freeze them on a cookie sheet, and then transfer them to a ziplock for storage, I've learned a shortcut. Peel the banana, place it in a ziplock sandwich bag, and mash and break it up a bit with your finger tips. Lay it flat int he freezer, and the next day the banana just peels right out of the bag. This is what they look like when you put them in the freezer.
3. Simplisafe Security System- T recently changed jobs within his company, and his new gig will have him traveling a bit more than he has in the past. We live in a pretty safe neighborhood, but we decided to get a new security system for my peace of mind when he's gone. We opted for the Simplisafe system, and it came in this week. I'll be working on getting everything hooked up this weekend, and I'm so excited to see how it all works! The system seems to have some great features, it's completely customizable, no contracts have to be signed, and monitoring for the system is only $14.99/month. There's a 60 day money back guarantee, so we're going to give it a shot for 2 months and see what we think. I'll be sure to report back with our thoughts.
4. Maternity Leggings- I mentioned in my day in the life post yesterday that pants have been a challenge for me and my ever-growing tummy. Thankfully these leggings that my sister April wrote about recently have been great. I think I'll be getting a second pair soon. I find myself doing a load of laundry just so I can wash them and wear them again. They are so comfortable, full coverage in the belly area, and nice thick fabric.
5. Valentine's Day Treats- Somehow Valentine's day completely snuck up on me. T and I aren't huge celebrators of the holiday anyway, but we both kind of dropped the ball this year. You know who didn't? My in-laws. We received this package of Shari's Berries and Truffles yesterday from them. The perfect gift for someone who is currently wanting everything sweet in sight. I've never had Shari's Berries before, but I was really pleased with both the packaging and quality of the berries and truffles.
Hope y'all have a great weekend!