1. Learn more about my city- I feel like I've already learned a lot in the past three years, but I know there is so much more to learn about Greenville. We had to do some serious budgeting in late 2013 since we were saving every penny to buy our house. Because of this I haven't been to any new restaurants recently. I can't wait to get back to my routine of trying new places and reviewing them.
2. Make our house a home-T and I have already put a lot of work into our new abode, but there is still so much more that needs to be done. Everyday I look forward to coming home and digging into something new that evening. We spend almost every night doing something for the house, and I'm just loving how it is all coming together. Last night we hung curtains and finally got some things on the walls, and this weekend we plan to paint our dining room.
3. Save and pay off debt- Earlier this year T and I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course. We learned a lot, and it has drastically changed how we look at and spend our money. This year we are going to concentrate on paying off T's student loans and my car. Our goal is to have no debt other than our mortgage...and eventually no mortgage at all.
4. Get a dog- Well this is just a fun one. T and I have been wanting a dog for so long, but it just wasn't practical to have one in our 3rd floor apartment. Now that we have a fenced in backyard I cannot wait to adopt a sweet little canine companion.
5. De-clutter- We are still in the process of moving, and we are just starting to realize how much stuff we actually have. The two of us have acquired a lot in the last several years, and it is time to part with it. There are so many things that we need to throw away, give away, or sell.
Have a great weekend!