1. Throw away/donate/consign 15 articles of clothing- This was easier than I thought. While getting my fall and winter clothes out of the attic this month, I ran across an entire plastic bin of clothes to get rid of. So instead of donating 15 things, I made it about 35.
2. Fix the wall in our kitchen...again- Progress has been made. I put a layer of plaster on the wall, but it still needs to be sanded and repainted. Hoping to have that done by the end of the week.
3. Make our yard and front stoop more inviting- We've had the same wreath hanging on our front door for about a year now, so it was high time to change it up. I made a fall wreath for about $8 using this tutorial that I found on Pinterest.
I also hung two baskets and planted mums in each. These looked so great for about two weeks, but now the mums are done, and we've just go two empty baskets. Any ideas on what to put in the baskets that may last through the winter?
4. Try 5 new recipes- I had fun with this goal. Here are the new recipes that I tried: 1) Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas 2) Chinese 5 Spice Wings 3) Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette 4) Ina Garten's Meatloaf and 5) Maple Glazed Pecans. All five recipes were hits in our house, and will be added to our regular rotation. I plan do to this again this month, too.
5. Do something with the box of crap in our guest room- While the box hasn't made it all the way to Goodwill, it has made it's way to the trunk of my car. Progress, right?
I'm so glad that I wrote about my goals for October, and I plan to do the same for this month. Keeping myself accountable can be challenging, but putting my goals out there for everyone to see definitely makes it easier to accomplish them. Stay tuned for my November goals later on this week.