1. For the last few months, I've been getting up and making smoothies every morning. Neither T nor I are big breakfast people, so if our breakfast options are not simple and portable we won't eat. I've been having fun playing around with different smoothie recipes, and I've really been liking the chocolate peanut butter banana ones we've been having recently.
1 heaping Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 heaping Tbsp Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
1 cup milk
1 cup ice
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Yesterday I posted about finally making a recipe from my Charleston Receipts cookbook. I have had this cookbook for years, and just made my first recipe from it, which by the way was a complete success. Last night I thumbed through the entire book and made a list of all the recipes I'm wanting to try. I'll be making at least one next week, and I'm already looking forward to it! (Check out yesterday's recipe here)
3. For a girl on a budget, I sure have been doing a lot of shopping lately. While I was in Key West a few weeks ago, one of the wheels on my rolling suitcase bit the dust, which made for an embarrassing walk through the airport with my janky suitcase. I'll be doing some travel for work this month and next, so buying a new suitcase was a must. I found this Jonathan Adler one on major sale, and fell in love with the pattern. Can't wait to put this baby to use!
4. If the suitcase purchase wasn't guilt-inducing enough, I also scored some major deals on Piperlime this week. Thanks to Katie at Miss Dixie for the heads up that they were doing an additional 60% off their final sale items. I scored $515 worth of clothing and shoes for a whopping $75. Two of my favorite purchases were a pair Loeffler Randall sandals for $43 down from $175, and a snakeskin printed top for $9.99 down from $80. Score!
5. We'll be spending yet another weekend at home, hallelujah. Last weekend we tackled fixing the hole in our wall (again) and this weekend we'll be stripping paint from doors and trim. Not the most glamorous work, but when we're done it's going to make such a difference! Here's the before and after shots of our wall. Still need to touch up the trim paint, but it's MUCH improved.
Hope y'all have a great weekend!