To remove the wallpaper, we used a combination of scoring the paper with a Paper Tiger, spraying it with a product called DIF, and scraping it with this scraper tool. I think the combination of these three products made the process much faster.
I've also started the fun process of buying new things for the space. I picked up new oiled bronze hardware (paper holder, towel ring, and tank lever) and purchased new knobs and bin pulls for the vanity. We removed the builder grade mirror hanging above the sink, and I plan on replacing it with a round wood mirror. Originally, I fell in love with this one, but I can't justify spending almost $600 on a one piece. Luckily, I found this mirror through Wayfair this week, and I think it's perfect for the space.
We picked out the shower curtain too, masculine black and cream stripes with just a hint of femininity in the ruffle at the bottom.
So we're now left with a complete blank slate. A stark white room. Here's what it currently looks like.
And here's what is still on our to do list:
Remove Wallpaper, Repair Walls, and Paint Room
- Replace Mirror
- Replace Light Fixtures
- Replace Hardware and Faucet
- Hang Shelving for Storage
- Clean and Repaint Tile Grout
This weekend we plan on repairing the damage done to the walls by removing the wallpaper, and hopefully beginning to paint. Once the room is painted I can begin replacing the hardware on the vanity and purchase the new light fixture and faucet, and that's going to be the fun part. Come back next Thursday to see what progress we've made!
And if you didn't catch Week 1's post you can find it here.
(Affiliate links were used in this post)