There's no way to sugarcoat it, the week 4 update just didn't happen. I contemplated bs-ing my way through a post making what little progress I made that week sound like more, but in the end I figured I'd just skip the post all together. The good news is, we worked our little hineys off this week, and now there's some real progress to share.
The biggest progress: we finally tackled the beast of prepping the walls and painting. I love the color, too. We went with a Valspar color match for Ben Moore's Solitude. A very pretty dusty greyish blue. We also installed the shower rod, shower curtain and a few of the new knobs on the vanity. And there's a little sneak peak at a very manly print that T picked for the space.
The most challenging part of this week was the lighting situation. I had the bright idea to go ahead and take the existing fixture out so we could paint, and didn't even consider the fact that we'd have zero light in the room after that. There is a small recessed light over the shower, but the bulb is out and the whole fixture will also need to be replaced. So we worked in the room several nights after work with a spot light and a floor lamp in the room as makeshift lighting.
I'm really excited about this last week. I really enjoy all the little details that go together to make a room look complete, and this week I'll finally get to focus on those. I already have the majority of what we need to complete the space, it's just a matter of getting it installed.
Remove Wallpaper, Repair Walls, and Paint Room
- Replace Mirror
- Replace Light Fixtures
- Replace Hardware and Faucet
- Hang Shelving for Storage
- Clean and Repaint Tile Grout
Hang new shower curtain rod Purchase New Towels and monogram Purchase Items for Shelving
You can see the before and during shots of our bathroom here:
Week 4- no post, I got lazy
*affiliate links used