It's now week four of the One Room Challenge and things are, well, looking a whole lot like they did last week. Womp womp. I found two frames that I like for hanging above the bedside tables. Snagged them this week at Target for $20 a piece. Now I'm working on figuring out what exactly to put inside of them. I originally planned on some kind of artwork or print, but now I'm leaning more towards getting two family photos printed.
I also gave the pulls on the bedside tables another coat of paint. I didn't love the look of the gold spraypaint I originally used, so I picked up a container of Martha Stewart Gold Gilding, and I love how it changed the look. They're now a much richer metallic gold color, exactly what I was wanting.
Here's a quick before and after of the pulls. Before is on the left, after on the right.
I also managed to get the window hung above the dresser, and I like how it fills up the wall. I used a french cleat to hang the mirror, which I had never used before. I was a little nervous hanging something so heavy on the wall, so I love how secure the french cleat is.
Here's a quick estimation of what I've spent so far:
- IKEA Rast bedside tables: $70
- Curtains: FREE
- Chalk Paint for tables: $3.50
- Two additional bin pulls: $7.00 (already owned the other 4)
- Old Window: FREE
- New white outlets, switches, and covers: $8.00
- Old book for wreath: $.50
- Liquid Gold Gilding: $5.00
- Lamps- FREE (repurposed from another room in our house)
- Bedding- FREE (using what we already had in there)
- Picture Frames for above bedside tables- $40
- Curtain Rods- $11
- French Cleat for hanging window- $4
Here's what I still need to do:
- Hang curtains and blinds (I have both in my possession, I'm just dreading this part)
- Throw pillows for the bed
- Print pictures to put in gold frames
- Sell something from the room so I have more money to spend! (I'm allowing myself to consign anything that's been in that room, and use that money to put back in the space)